Conversion of Waste to Energy
- Waste Delivery – Delivery is enclosed trucks and deliveries are made inside enclosed buildings with the air pressure less than ambient so no odors can escape.
- Waste Sources – Recyclables (metals, glass and other) and carbon based (MSW, wood, leather, plastic, styrofoam, food, paper, cardboard, yard trimmings, tires, railroad ties, textiles, and existing landfill waste. There is no kryptonite waste for our gasifier.).
- Waste Separation – Separation by specific type of waste. Recyclables are sold to dealers. Cabbon based materials are sent to the gasifiers to be converted to syn gas.
- Gasification – The gasifiers operate at close to 4,000°F using a controlled thermo-chemical conversion mechanism that does not allow enough oxygen (O2) for the waste in the gasifier to burn. The waste is broken down at the molecular level to its most basic building blocks to form synthetic gas or syn gas which is stored in a tank for use as required.
- Generation of Electricity – Green Energy 1 uses direct heat to electricity systems designed and built to Green Energy 1′s specifications. This system is significantly more efficient that either steam turbine systems or traditional diesel or gasoline generator sets.
- Waste Heat Capture – To further the efficiency of the Green Energy 1 system, the company uses a heat capture and electricity generation system that add about 20% more electricity to the entire process.
- Emissions – The emissions from our plant are minimal, and are well below the levels allowed by both the California EPA and the U.S. EPA. The patented gasification technology we use does not produce CO2, SOx, NOx, dioxins or furans which are harmful to the environment. Other waste to energy technologies can not make that claim.